The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache Update Error! :(

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Devash, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Devash

Devash Member

Ok guys I have no clue what's wrong, I want to upgrade GD but when I click on Apache Update in WHM i get this error:

You can upgrade apache by using this interface. Just select the options you wish to include in the apache build and click the build button. The options checked below reflect the default options, and not the currently active ones. Dynamic modules that were previously compiled into apache will not be removed. If you wish to remove any apache module you should remove it from httpd.conf and restart apache. If you wish to compile apache with the default options just click the build button without making any changes. Do not check every box as some options are not compatible or require third party software to be installed. If you do not know what to check leave the defaults as they are or you will probably end up with a broken apache configuration that will not start up.

If you have installed third party modules that are not listed below, you will probably need to recompile them after apache is rebuilt. You may experience an unusable apache that produces segmentation faults until the old modules are recompiled or removed.

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]There was an error while fetching http://layer1.cpanel.net/buildapache15.rc

I really need to get this fixed, can someone plz help or tell me what's wrong :(!!??

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Look in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log for the real error and please post that.

Also post:

1. The version and build of cPanel you are using
    2. Your Operating System

3. Devash

Devash Member

Um I don't know SSH that much but I downloaded the PuTTY program connected to my server and put in this command: /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log but I get Permission Denied

I am using cPanel 10 and a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+

4. bin_asc

bin_asc Well-Known Member

Issue fixed. :)

5. Devash

Devash Member

Yea, thanx a lot bin_asc!

6. sivadc

sivadc Active Member

If you don't mind me asking, how did you fix it? I actually get the same error, and have been for a while now. As a result, I've resorted to doing updates through the shell. The error that comes up in the cpanel error log is:

I also get a similar error when clicking on the "News" link in WHM.

Strangely enough, everything else works. I can resolve URL's just fine. Any suggestions would be most welcomed.

7. bin_asc

It`s quite simple actually, the resolver.conf had only one entry, and the ip wasn`t working well. So I changed it to some custom ones, 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2. But I think your problem is a bit bigger.

8. sivadc

sivadc Active Member

Everything I've come across so far has pointed to resolv.conf being the problem (like you mentioned). But, I'm pretty sure I don't have a resolver issue (again as you mentioned) as I'm able to resolve domains just fine. Thanks for the response though.

9. bin_asc

I could take a look or send the cPanel staff a ticket. 1 of 2 you`ll get this fixed :)

10. Bigwebmaster

Bigwebmaster Member

I am having the exact same probably as sivadc. I checked my cpanel error logs and I am getting the same errors too, although different line numbers I think: