The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache upgrade overwrites DirectoryIndex directive

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by steve.deobald, Oct 23, 2004.

1. steve.deobald

steve.deobald Member

Hey folks,

Every time I update Apache using cPanel, the new installation overwrites my `DirectoryIndex' directive. This would be fine, but I host ASP.net webpages on Mono, which require some .aspx index files.

Is there a recommended way to A) prevent the apache install from overwriting this directive? B) run a script immediately after the apache install has completed? Or do I just have to add these as user-specific DirectoryIndexes to each VirtualHost, since that data isn't overwritten?

Thanks.

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

3. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

Thats why you should always be backing up your http.conf before upgrading Apache. Besides, all Apache upgrades have always done this so get into the habbit of copying and pasting the directoryindex line back into httpd.conf after the update. I know, I run chiliasp and this happens everytime.

4. steve.deobald

steve.deobald Member

This isn't optimal behaviour, as far as I'm concerned. I'll file a bug.

5. dario2

dario2 Member

I too have Sun ASP installed and I hate having to update the DirectoryIndex after easyapache is done! And the script also adds DisplayConnect /etc/issue.net to /etc/proftpd.conf, which I hate and have to remove every time. This behaviour is reminiscent of old Cpanel versions and must have been useful in the past, but it's just annoying now and should be elimitated from future versions of easyapache. I'll file a bug report.

-Dario