The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

apache wont compile php5

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Snowman30, May 1, 2006.

1. Snowman30

Snowman30 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    got a weird issue compliments of an idiot datacentre tech who decided to reboot a server i was recompiling apache on

everythign went balls up so ive done a forced sysup and upcp and recompiled apache option6 with the options needed and it wont compile PHP 5.0.5 but instead reverts to 4.4.1

its also pointing all domains to /usr/local/apache/htdocs/sys_cpanel/ instead of each domains specific /home/username/public_html/ folders despite them being setup correctly in httpd.conf

ive tried to reset apache using the default options but still no joy

I should also point out that the build report shows:

but when i do a php -v i get:

anyone have any ideas on how to force the recompile to pick up php5 and to point all requests correctly?

#1 Snowman30, May 1, 2006
    Last edited: May 1, 2006
  2. mizzizzippi

mizzizzippi Guest

anyone? I am having the same problem on my server.

3. azzawazzi

azzawazzi Member

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=52640

I already said this a few days ago and everyone ignored me.

cPanel at the moment is really full of crap. The latest CURRENT build doesn't even add accounts. I think they've really dropped the ball this time.

4. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

What Php version do you see when you run: http://DOMAIN/phpinfo.php
    Just in case you don't have phpinfo.php page, you can create one and insert the following code:

PHP:
    <?php 
    phpinfo
    (); 
    ?>

5. mizzizzippi

mizzizzippi Guest

running PHP version 4.4.1

6. mizzizzippi

mizzizzippi Guest

Update:

I tried everything in the world to get Apache and PHP5 to work but PHP was downgraded to PHP4 every time when using /scripts/easyapache. (or update Apache from WHM)

I finally broke down and did a completely new install of Redhat Linux and a completely new install of CPanel. Upgraded PHP via /scripts/easyapache and it worked right away.

I know reinstalling everything is not ideal on a production server but I was lucky my problem happened on a new empty server.

I still do not know exactly what the problem was, but I think it was a problem with my server and not CPanel itself.

7. hicom

hicom Well-Known Member

We've had this problem and we worked around it by:

1) There area different 5.0.x versions available through easyapache, one of them only works, i believe it was 5.0.4

2) Make sure you're not checking any addon modules, even you might want to uncheck some of the ones checked by cPanel default.

That was the only way we could install PHP 5 .

Good luck,

Tamouh

8. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

I suspect that one of the modules you have selected during the upgrade has FAILED TO COMPILE PROPERLY which prevents you from upgrading.

Try only selecting the minimum or no modules as a test first. If you can successfully upgrade to PHP5 then go back and start adding modules. Dont select FLASH, this one failes to compile period.

See what i wrote here.

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=52845&highlight=php+modules

9. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

The best way around this issue is to compile Php manually at the prompt. You should get Php v5.x up and running. Then you can run /scripts/easyapache

10. FearlessG1

FearlessG1 Active Member

Hello, i am very new to linux and would like to install the latest version of php on my server. i read through the php manual as well as googled for a day looking for a step by step install and i could not find one. would anyone here be able to provide a step by step install instructions for a linux newcomer? im running cpanel whm 10.8.0 on a CentOs 4.x box. Thank you for your help on this.

I hope this will fix my site. i have a basic php site that doesnt goto links when selected, it just reloads the index even though the link is linking to another php page. i had this site hosted on other linux cpanel servers and it works perfect but it doesnt work on my server for some reason.

-Victor