apache writing files as nobody.nobody

bpratt

Mar 14, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Just set up a new server and migrated sites across, but apache doesn't appear to be taking on user.user permissions, and simply using nobody.nobody

As an example, a joomla configuration.php with user.user rw------ permisions fails to open until I make group and other permissions to read and write

I'm using cloudlinux and cagefs for the first time here, and wondering if I've screwed something up with it.

bpratt

Mar 14, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I should add here that all sites migrated across, and were given appropriate file ownership as per the user account name.

This appears to be apache is not running in suphp properly, as in it is still running as user nobody.nobody instead of as the user klema.klema

Bazinga

Verifed Vendor
Aug 23, 2016
Ukraine
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Just set up a new server and migrated sites across, but apache doesn't appear to be taking on user.user permissions, and simply using nobody.nobody

As an example, a joomla configuration.php with user.user rw------ permisions fails to open until I make group and other permissions to read and write

I'm using cloudlinux and cagefs for the first time here, and wondering if I've screwed something up with it.
What PHP handler do you use? Can you show "/usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf --current" ?

As well:
httpd -M | grep suex

If you see DSO there just change to suphp or cgi.

And, if you use EasyApache 4 - please be sure suexec module is installed and loaded into apache.