The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache???

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by homeuser55, Jan 19, 2004.

1. homeuser55

homeuser55 Active Member

I seem to have a problem with apache or something. About twice a day I have a very hard time connecting to the server. Its seems something is attacking or something is running out of control. When I do a restart (via WHM with apache) everything is fine for a while and then its starts all over again. Connecting takes a very long time and sometimes it errors out (page could not be displayed). Is there a way to find out if someone or something is attacking the server? We have the APF firewall, chkrootkit and an anti-virus scanner setup on the sever but nothing tells us what is going on. Also I have been looking in the error_log and access_log for some type of information on what is happening but I never get anything that’s looks out of place. I’m not sure but whatever it is it’s using port 80, cuz when I do a restart with apache its fine for an hour or two. I ran all the commands to find running process and it shows nothing running. Can anyone help me PLEASE?????

Confused Keith.

2. tizoo

tizoo Well-Known Member

Maybe a cron job ?

Maybe your problem is due to a cron job that is taking all ressources (like a backup script, update script, etc...)

You should look at the process list when the load is high to determine what is causing the trouble.

Hope this helps,

F.

3. homeuser55

homeuser55 Active Member

I’m looking into hiring a part-time sysadmin that could diagnose and monitor my system. If anyone knows of someone who is qualified in this area could you please have him or her send me an email with his or her credentials? Also if they find a problem I would like to know what it is and how to prevent it from happening again.

Please send all requests to homeuser5@hotmail.com

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

5. arrow02

arrow02 Active Member

Yes I would be interested in that to.

Does anyone here offer their knowledge as a Sys Admin on a partime (on the side) basis?

I have a few things that I would be more than willing to pay someone to do that is trustworthy and proffesional when dealling with our servers but cant afford a full time saleried Sys Admin.

If interested PM me.

6. homeuser55

homeuser55 Active Member

Thanks squirrel,
    I will discuss this with my partner and I got a felling we will try this company out. I like the reasonable prices as well.

7. parasane

parasane Well-Known Member

Actually, I do. In addition to systems administration, I'm also a certified Computer Security & Forensics expert. I'm located in the Eastern Time Zone (Pennsylvania), and can work on an hourly, weekly, or monthly basis. Send me a PM if you still need help.

~ Dan