The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apache2 + php5 + MySQL4.1

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by aaroncampbell, Mar 22, 2005.

1. aaroncampbell

aaroncampbell Member

Well, I'm looking to possibly use cpanel on a dedicated server that I am getting. I need to use the above configuration on the server (Apache2 + php5 + MySQL4.1). I'll be running centOS, Fedora or RHEL. I have no problem setting up the server without cPanel, and keeping it up to date and secure. The reason I want cPanel, is that I have a few other people (mostly friends), that I'd like to allow to host sites from my server. I figured it'd make it way easier for them.

Will cPanel even work with this config? If it WILL, what will I have to do, and what (if any) functionality will be missing?

2. RobertOnTheAir

RobertOnTheAir Active Member

Hi there,

CPanel has support for the requirements you listed below, but some of them are listed as expirimental. For example, Apache 2 support is somewhat limited. If you're comfortable with installing and troubleshooting it yourself, there should not be any issues. :)

3. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

Im still trying to work out why Cpanel still cannot deploy Apache 2. Its been sitting out there in beta for at least a year if not longer. Plesk can do it and so can Hsphere so whats Cpanels problem?