Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

apache_tls errors

Discussion in 'Security' started by mtbwacko, Dec 13, 2018.

1. mtbwacko

mtbwacko Well-Known Member

I've spent days trying to figure out a big problem but to no avail. I have one customer with thousands of the following entry in the Apache error log. Because there are so many entries, IPs accessing the site are getting blocked by CSF and my customer has had enough. I'm about to lose him.

2018-12-13 12:05:04.059357 [ERROR] /var/cpanel/ssl/apache_tls/[domain]/combined: verify failed, find_status: 1, status: 1, validate: 1

I've checked the domain's SSL at Qualys and it's getting an A+. Does anyone know what's happening here and what I can do to remedy it? I'm desperate.

Thanks,
    Greg

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    HI @mtbwacko

It's really difficult to identify the cause of the issue from this. If you'd like for us to take a closer look at the issue please feel free to open a ticket using the link in my signature. Once open please update this thread with the ticket ID so we can post the resolution here.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mtbwacko

mtbwacko Well-Known Member

I've opened a ticket on this issue, #11002913. Thanks!

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @mtbwacko

Great, I can see we have an analyst working on it now and I'll update you as to the status as soon as I've got more information.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...