The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

apc and blank pages and fatal errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by digitalmahdi, Jan 15, 2013.

1. digitalmahdi

digitalmahdi Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello there,
    I've just installed apc on my server which is hosting different kind of cMS es and ... but for some websites im getting a blank page and some other i get fatal errors. like VBultin websites are showing fatal errors everywhere

;apc.enabled=1
    ;apc.shm_size=512M
    ;apc.num_files_hint=10000
    ;apc.user_entries_hint=10000
    ;apc.max_file_size=5M
    ;apc.stat=0
    ;apc.optimization=0
    ;apc.shm_segments=1
    ;apc.enable_cli=1
    ;apc.cache_by_default=1
    ;apc.include_once_override=1

i had to comment the config to make the sites working again.
    can i know why does that happen? and how to prevent? i need to use apc for some of the websites to keep my load balanced and the server stable

thank u in advance.

2. hgrg

hgrg Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    why dont youo provide some error messages u got?

3. outofcontrol

outofcontrol Member

Did you ever sort this out. We are having the same issues with vBulletin. We've ended up building APC from svn trunk (repository - Revision 330169: /pecl/apc/trunk) and have these settings:

Code:
    apc.shm_size = 512M 
    apc.enabled = 1
    apc.max_file_size = 2M
    apc.include_once_override = 1
    apc.canonicalize = 0
    apc.stat = 0
    apc.stat_ctime = 1

Using apc.include_once_override = 0 makes the sites unusable. Keeping it enabled is better but we still get these errors. The function names are seemingly random. Note that we have 5 installs of vBulletin running on the same server, and have the /includes/config.php settings enabled for APC on all sites, including a different APC caching prefix for each site, in an effort to eliminate directory and name clashes:

Code:
    [Thu May 02 07:32:36 2013] [error] [client n.n.n.n] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class vB_DataManager_Thread_Multiple in Unknown on line 0, referer: {url removed}
    [Thu May 02 07:33:16 2013] [error] [client n.n.n.n] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class vB_DataManager_category in Unknown on line 0
    [Thu May 02 07:34:04 2013] [error] [client n.n.n.n] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class vb_friendly_url in Unknown on line 37, referer: {url removed}
    [Thu May 02 07:36:20 2013] [error] [client n.n.n.n] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class vB_DataManager_Thread_Multiple in Unknown on line 0, referer: {url removed}

With APC disabled, we have no errors at all. After googling around for a bit, it would seem this is an APC issue with PHP 5.3. I'm hoping someone who reads this has a solution, as we too need APC running.

Thanks.