The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APF blocking port 110

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valuehosted, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Valuehosted

Valuehosted Well-Known Member

I recently upgraded to the latest version of APF/BFD/AD and for some reason now random clients are having their 110 and 25/25 ports blocks.

My admin claims this is a known stack overflow or some other known issue with APF and that Ryan is working on a fix, I have tried to get ahold of Ryan but I have yet to receive a reply to see if he can do a custom install that would work for me like the previous version (ie. no problems at all).

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, do you know how to work around it or fix it? I would be willing to pay to have a custom install made, please PM me with quote and or helpful information.

Thanks,

-Tone

2. elix

elix Well-Known Member

I'd suggest for you to just stop APF until this is fixed. APF is nothing much more than a backend to iptables.

Regards,

3. Valuehosted

Valuehosted Well-Known Member

This is true but I like the automatic blocking by BFD.

--Tone

4. Joshuajames

Joshuajames Member

APF is working perfectly fine over here. Have you checked the config and added ALL the cpanel ports.. I was having some odd errors too because I had left off some obscure cpanel ports. Additionally what about the BFD script, is it possible your clients programs are accessing those ports too often and the BFD is auto blocking them? If it's not everyone then your script is working fine...