rsutc

Oct 8, 2002
OK there are other threads and other information on this subject, but none of it seems helpful to me. As with others I have received the message below. But as you can see the page that triggered it is from Paper Lantern, and almost all the clients on my machine use that theme. Do I need to change them to another theme? Is there a corrected theme? I can't see it being our task to rewrite function calls in a cPanel provided theme. Or is there an old version of Paper Lantern that needs to be removed/replaced, and if so how do I find out which accounts have it and which ones don't? Anyone know what I do to deal with this?

==begin message==
You are receiving this notification because one of your accounts uses a custom cPanel integration or plugin that relies on the cPanel API 1 system. We deprecated cPanel API 1 in 2012 and plan to begin removing it from the product in cPanel & WHM version 88. This server is currently on cPanel & WHM version “86.0.8”.

The list below includes the top five interfaces that made cPanel API 1 calls from Feb 27, 2020 to Feb 29, 2020.

PageCount
/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/paper_lantern/index.html4
To continue using these integrations and plugins, you must replace any cPanel API 1 functions with functions from a supported API, such as UAPI or cPanel API 2, before you upgrade to cPanel & WHM version 88 or later. If you require additional time to make the necessary changes, we recommend that you set your server’s release tier to the Long-Term Support (LTS) tier if you do not already use it.

==end message

cPanelTJ

Product Owner
Staff member
Jan 29, 2019
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hi @rsutc ,

The index.html page is getting returned in your report because an addon/plugin is injecting an API 1 call on it. Since this is the only page in your list, this should be very easy to determine what API call is being injected.

Run whmapi1 get_api_calls on your server's terminal to get a list of cPanel API 1 calls that were made from custom code and plugins. A lot of users with this same concern have discovered that it is Installatron running a custom API 1 call named cpd.

Additional information can be found in this forum post: Deprecated cPanel API 1 planned for removal AFTER cPanel & WHM version 86

Reactions: cPanelLauren

rsutc

Oct 8, 2002
Hi @rsutc ,

The index.html page is getting returned in your report because an addon/plugin is injecting an API 1 call on it. Since this is the only page in your list, this should be very easy to determine what API call is being injected.

Run whmapi1 get_api_calls on your server's terminal to get a list of cPanel API 1 calls that were made from custom code and plugins. A lot of users with this same concern have discovered that it is Installatron running a custom API 1 call named cpd.

Additional information can be found in this forum post: Deprecated cPanel API 1 planned for removal AFTER cPanel & WHM version 86

OK I did that and got the following output, which to tell truth doesn't mean a whole lot to me:
data:
result:
-
count: 1
entry: LVEInfo::start
timestamp: '1582790400'
-
count: 1
timestamp: '1582963200'
-
count: 2
timestamp: '1582876800'
metadata:
command: get_api_calls
reason: OK
result: 1
version: 1

and BTW, that index file only contains the following:

[%
SET CPANEL.current_style = execute("Styles", "current").data.name;
%]

[%- IF CPANEL.current_style == 'retro' -%]
[% PROCESS home/index_retro.tt %]
<!-- Softaculous --><script src="softaculous/index.live.php?act=top"></script><!-- Softaculous -->
[% ELSE %]
[%- PROCESS home/index.tt -%]
<!-- Softaculous --><script src="softaculous/index.live.php?act=top"></script><!-- Softaculous -->
[% END %]

Last edited:

cPanelTJ

Product Owner
Staff member
Jan 29, 2019
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Ah, interesting. Might you be running on CloudLinux? We discovered an issue with CloudLinux servers that have users running the retro theme generating a false-positive on this email report (more here: cPanel).

However, we released an update to address this issue in cpanel-analytics-1.3.6-7. Could you check the rpm version you have installed?

rpm -qa | grep cpanel-analytics

Reactions: cPanelLauren