The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

API backup mysql

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Misa_AU, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Misa_AU

Misa_AU Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I've been working through the documentation and have managed to code a php script to create account backups on a reseller service using the remote access key.

What I am now trying to do is generate a partial backup, namely just backing up the mysql dbs. From my research it appears this is not possible via the api, even if you have the cpanel username and password. But what I have found is this website siteautobackup.com is able to do backups just of the mysql dbs - if you use the remote access key it does all dbs, if you specify a cpanel username password it can do a single account.

Can someone point me in the direction of where in the api documentation I can find out about mysql db backups using a remote access key or backing up an individual cpanel account mysql db.

Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Currently, the cPanel API2 Backups module only provides the ability to list backups with the Backups::listfullbackups function. The MysqlFE module is documented here:

cPanel API 2 - MysqlFE

Have you considered developing a script uses the "mysqldump" utility to backup the databases?

Thank you.

3. Misa_AU

Misa_AU Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thanks Michael

For mysql dump I would therefore need shell access, but this I do not have.

If API2 backup module only allows the listing of available backups and not create partial backups, then how is the site siteautobackup.com able to do just a mysql backup of a cpanel account with just being provided a cpanel username and password?

Cheers

4. Misa_AU

Misa_AU Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    So is there no way to create a partial backup via your apis or known method with just a username and password remotely? What about API 1?