TCB13

Jul 25, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Is it possible to change the LVE settings associated with each cPanel hosting plan (package) using the WHM API?

I've found this info: CloudLinux Documentation

However it is related changing individual LVE users limits and not changing the limits globally by applying them to cPanel hosting plans.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Reactions: TCB13

TCB13

Jul 25, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

CloudLinux makes use of Package Extensions, which you can modify using the following WHM API 1 function:

WHM API 1 Functions - editpkg - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Note that we also recently published a blog post regarding improvements to package extensions in cPanel version 68 at:

Improvements to cPanel Account Package Extensions | cPanel Blog

Thank you.
I have explored that route however I'm sure how to access the CL package extension. I also tried to use this feature: WHM API 1 Functions - _getpkgextensionform - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation but it doesn't seem to return anything useful.

Reading into the doc: "This function retrieves a hosting plan's package extension templates."

So I have a hosting plan called Standard and tried to query the API via CLI:

Code:
whmapi1 _getpkgextensionform pkg=Standard
---
data: {}

metadata:
  command: _getpkgextensionform
  reason: OK
  result: 1
  version: 1
Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Have you setup LVE package extensions in the past? If not, you'd need to do that first using the instructions at:

CloudLinux Documentation

Thank you.

TCB13

Jul 25, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thats interesting, I was only using the LVE manger interface not the package extension. I'll take a look into that son, thank you!

TCB13

Jul 25, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Seems like there is some bug with that feature. Whenever I change the CPU / RAM limits with the "Edit a Package" menu the change will not appear correctly under LVE Manager. For instance if I set the CPU to 120% under "Edit a Package" it will show as 200% under LVE Manager.

jesus6144

Registered
Sep 14, 2020
venezuela
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
hola al editar o agregar paquete No tengo la opción de paquete de extensión "LVE SETTING"

La extensión no aparece, agrego los límites de lve manager - packages, pero cuando asigno un paquete a una cuenta, no toma la configuración de LVE de ese plan (continúa con los valores predeterminados).

Creo que es porque no tengo la extensión en las opciones de agregar paquete, tomo todo del paquete (dominios, disco, etc. pero las configuraciones de LVE siguen siendo las mismas, las predeterminadas y no las que configuro en ese plan desde LVE MANAGER - PAQUETES).