Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

API for database actions via PHP

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by mainescott, Oct 10, 2018.

1. mainescott

mainescott Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    We were previously using the XMLAPI to handle automated database provisioning through PHP code (creating databases, users, assigning permissions), but have been in a bind since the XMLAPI was deprecated.

I've spent quite a few hours trying to get LiveAPI to work without success, using the information here: Guide to the LiveAPI System - PHP Class - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Although I think I've followed all the steps correctly, I can't get past instantiating the CPANEL object, seemingly because it fails to find certain environmental variables that it's looking for.

I also tried using the WHM API (Use WHM API to Call cPanel API and UAPI - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation), but ran into authorization issues and eventually hosed my cpanel user.

I'm kind of at my wits' end. Can anyone suggest a good way to accomplish these tasks from PHP code or point me to a functional example of doing so?

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @mainescott

I discussed this with one of our developers today and he let me know the following:

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...