Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

API Shell and API version

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by robahas, Apr 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. robahas

robahas Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Greetings - I'm excited to have discovered the WHM API, but I'm a bit stuck.

This video:explains how to use the API shell.

As instructed, I activated the option in tweaks and here is what I get:

* Logged in to a cPanel account as WHM admin, I do not have the API Shell link under Advanced.
    * I do have the API shell in WHM, but it only shows functions from API v1, which is deprecated (right?).
    * Also, I don't see a description anywhere of the difference between API v2 and UAPI, and I would like to understand this.

Any pointers will be appreciated! Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @robahas,

1. Enable "cPanel & WHM API shell (for developers)" under the System tab in WHM >> Tweak Settings.

Once you do this, you can access WHM >> API Shell when logged in as the root user to Web Host Manager.

Only WHM API version 1 (this is not the same thing as the deprecated cPanel API 1 functionality) is available through this interface. You can see an explanation of each API version on the document below:

Quickstart Development Guide - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

2. Enable the "API Shell (for developers)" cPanel feature in WHM >> Feature Manager >> Edit Feature List for any feature list on your server that you want to enable this feature on.

Once you do this, you can access cPanel >> API Shell when logged in to cPanel as the reseller username as long as the reseller username is assigned a feature list with the "API Shell (for developers)" cPanel feature enabled.

Let me know if this information helps.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...