API token disappeared after upgrade

urgido

Jul 19, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi there
Is normal that any time that cpanel update my API disappears and would be necessary to create a new one again?

I am using my own CRM to connect throught cpanel API to do some stuuf like suspend accounts, create, etc. So, I need to change every time that this occurs.

Thanks a lot.
Regards

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @urgido,

I've been unable to reproduce this behavior. Can you share the full step-by-step instructions for how we can attempt to reproduce this issue on a test server?

Thank you.

urgido

Jul 19, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have a custom billing system based on PHP, so I manage my hosting accounts throught this systema with a reseller API (api token). After two upgrades of cpanel (I don't remeber whats versions) the API token dissapears from our WHM. Our team detectedthis issue inmeadiatly because we receive a many reports from our customers that they are'nt able to login throught our billing system. So, we go back and recreate the api token to stay fullonline.

Regards :)

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello,

To update, our Technical Analysts were unable to find any logs indicating the cPanel update removed the API token. We provided an Auditd rule to monitor the token and log change activity on the file in-case it's removed again in the future.

Thank you.

Reactions: urgido