The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apply Feature Manager selections to account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m0y, Oct 6, 2010.

1. m0y

m0y Registered

Hello!

I'm starting with a reseller account and I think I configured it ok, I checked the cPanel documentation on every aspect on my new service :)

I have a question on the Feature Manager, I just created a "feature list name" and edited some checkboxes (much of these based on this topic I must say) and created a test account; everything is just fine but the options I deselected on the FM still appear and can be configured on the cPanel of the test account.

Why is that? There's some other step I'm missing?? :confused:

Greets from Mexico!

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Friendly moderator note

I moved this post to its own thread, since the original thread was rather old and not directly related. The original thread was:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/feature-manager-whm-132553.html

In order for selections in the Feature Manager to have any effect, you need to create a package, assign the feature list to that package, and then change the package for the account. Have you already done this?

To create a package, use Main >> Packages >> Add a Package in the WebHost Manager. You will notice that Feature List is one of the options in both Add a Package and Edit a Package in Main >> Packages.

Once you have created a package and selected the feature list for that package, change the package for the account in Main >> Account Functions >> Modify an Account. Your selections in the feature list will then be applied to the account.