The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Address Tags possible in cPanel?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by buddymoore, Nov 11, 2011.

1. buddymoore

buddymoore Registered

Title says it all really. I'm wondering if it's possible to implement email address tags ( Email address - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) through cPanel?

Hotmail use the + notation which allows me very usefully filter and see where my spam is coming from.

I couldn't find reference to these anywhere with cPanel (perhaps called something else) and so just wanted to drop a note to see if anyone knew of a way to do this.

What would be amazing would be to be able to specify which character acted as the seperator. To get around most validation, one could even use a . to seperate.

Regards,

Matt

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not that I'm aware of. But, you could create forwarders for this sort of purpose I think.

For example, say you want to sign up for a blog, create a blogname @ yourdomain.com forwarder to forward to your other [real] email address and use that for your email address there at blogname. If you get an email from someone other than blogname at that address then you know that blogname gave away your email address.

Not sure if that's helpful at all but thought I'd try all the same. ;)

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator