The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argh... Accidentally installed Front Page Mail Extensions for ALL DOMAINS !

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by eggbert, Apr 25, 2014.

1. eggbert

eggbert Registered

I hadn't had my coffee yet, and I was trying to resolve some other problem with Front Page extensions (Cpanel won't let me password protect a directory, it claims front page extensions are installed but they arent) and I accidentally installed Front Page Mail extensions. Apparently this option installs it on all domains.

Is there any way I can undo this?

Also, why on earth is there even an option for Front Page at all? I can't imagine anyone even uses that any more? Wasn't it discontinued way back in the 90s? I do not have front page compiled into apache, so i wish these options would go away

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The following thread should address the second part of your question:

How to remove FrontPage

As for the FP Mail Extensions, are you sure it actually made any changes to your accounts?

Thank you.

3. eggbert

eggbert Registered

Thanks. I will certainly remove the front page option.

I have no idea if it made any changes to the accounts. I'm not sure what exactly front page mail extensions are, or what it did, all I know is that WHM said that it installed front page mail extensions for all domains.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Manually removing the frontpage RPM, and the /usr/local/frontpage directory as indicated in the referenced post should be sufficient enough to make sure frontpage mail extensions are not enabled (it adds .cnf files for domain names in /usr/local/frontpage).

Thank you.