The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrangement of Script Addons

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by BuffaloWeb, Sep 24, 2005.

1. BuffaloWeb

BuffaloWeb Well-Known Member

From what I fouind in other posts, it seems like addoncgi/index.html is generated from some hard coded CPanel function. (BTW, If anyone can tell me where that "hard coding" actually resides, I'd appreciate it). But I haven't seen any posts about the horrible groupings that our users see!

Why would "Forums" not contain both phpBB and Invision in the same section? Why is Invision instead under "Default Addons" with phpWiki and osCommerce? (Like an end user gives a rat's patoot about whether or not it is a Cpanel default)! Why wouldn't phpWiki be in the Wiki section?

C'mon guys, this is an embarrassment to have a newbie customer calling up to say "I thought you had Invision Board, but I don't see it in the Forums section"... (trust me it happens). WordPress and b2evolution with postNuke? Or is Geeklog the only blogging software that is offered?

Okay, enough ranting... point made ;) Here is a grouping that I think would be a bit more rational:

Blogging Software (b2evolution, Geeklog, WordPress)
    Content Management (e107, Mambo, Nucleus, phpNuke, PostNuke, Xoops)
    eCommerce/Store Front (osCommerce)
    Forums/Message Boards (InvisionBoard, phpBB)
    Guestbook (Advanced Guestbook)
    Photo Gallery (Coppermine)
    Wiki's/Collaboration (phpWiki)

Maybe you could update to something more logical (from the end user's perspective) in the next release?

Also, didn't their used to be a php-based Calendar addon? That seems like one that would be very popular...

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you want to bring a suggest to cPanels attention then you need to create an enhancement entry in bugzilla:
    http://bugzilla.cpanel.net

3. BuffaloWeb

BuffaloWeb Well-Known Member