Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

As i can define directory /home, /home2 when a particular reseller created an account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artjc, Aug 7, 2010.

1. artjc

artjc Registered

I have in a hard disk (dba3) the /home directory and a second hard drive (db1) where to mount a /home2.

I want my client reseller in particular when the make their accounts these are in /home2 and my other clients in /home. Currently all are created in /home2.

Where I can specify or change this in any script whm, cpanel?, where please.

thanks!

2. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

cpanel will by default use the /home or /home2 whichever has largest avaliable free space.

you can however move the accounts from WHM --->list accounts--> home partition to select /home

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. artjc

artjc Registered

Well, this is the manual mode, but I can do it automatically by changing some value in cpanel, in any script of this?

If possible, I would like to know how.

Thanks mohit!

4. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

there's no option in cpanel/whm to define such values to best of my knowledge atleast,

however i think you can use cpanel scripts to make your own pre and post install sccript to do it, I personally have no experience with writing one but i am sure its quite possible, check developer center, from top of this page.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...