The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assign Custom DNS to Reseller

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by PsyberMind, Sep 7, 2010.

1. PsyberMind

PsyberMind Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Hey guys

I have a client who is outsourcing multiple reseller accounts across multiple servers in order to expand his reach. Anyway, he uses a single domain for nameserver resolution, and adds nsX A records to the domain in order to facilitate this.

The question I have is, is there a way, once *I* delegate IPs out for the nameservers through WHM, to give DNS control to the reseller? I obviously can't make him "own" the account, as there's no account tied to it.
  2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    What type of DNS control are you seeking to grant the reseller? For example, are you simply needing to allow the reseller to edit their own DNS zones, or are you seeking to allow the reseller to use DNS clustering?

Using the Reseller Center in WebHost Manager (WHM) it is possible to define the custom name servers for resellers; for reference, here is the full menu path and applicable documentation: WHM: Main >> Resellers >> Reseller Center >> Reseller Modifications >> Edit reseller privileges & nameservers