The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assign domain (Already in DNS) to an account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonathanlafleur, Feb 27, 2017.

1. jonathanlafleur

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I've paid someone to configure my new server. Has I can manage basic task, I normally pay a SysAdmin to configure my server and do "big jobs". With this been said, I recently moved my server and asked a SysAdmin to configure my new server with cPanel. What he does, was from my point of view, a really good job, but since, I have problem with emails. I asked him to configure our server has mail.mvsv.net since we are now "two" company hosted on the same cPanel (Officially, I'm not working for them, and they take care of my client). But before I can announce it officially to all "our" client, I setuped ns1.mytld.com ns2.mytld.com and ns1.themtld.com ns2.themtld.com with a "generic" hostname so they don't feel like I sold them. But the problem is, I don't know how he set this up, but now the mvsv.net domain is attached to nobody and I can't create an email "abuse@mvsv.net" to register ar Hotmail SNDS, I have hard time configuring rDNS, HELO, SMTP Banner...

Please someone... I need help... The tech I paid to do it, look like he his not taking care of that anymore, and now i'm stuck with email rejection & blacklist (sometime, but I know how to unblock my server's IP).

Thank you

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can confirm the existing hostname at:

"WHM Home »Networking Setup » Change Hostname"

Try changing to something not already utilized by the account (e.g. mail). EX:

server.domain.tld

Thank you.