SOLVED Assign IPs to Resellers?

MartinPorter

Registered
Jun 4, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi..
Can someone point me in the right direction? I have setup my cPanel with a fixed IP but I have an extra 4 IP's that I can use, I would like to keep the current assigned IP for the just cpanel/server one out of 1 out of the 4 IP's for shared hosting and the remaining 3 IPs for resellers only. Could someone help me pls on this?

Many thanks & regards
Martin.

Jcats

PartnerNOC
May 25, 2011
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Martin,

Set the shared IP in:

WHM > Server Configuration > Basic WebHost Manager Setup > "The IPv4 address (only one address) to use to set up shared IPv4 virtual hosts."

For the resellers, do they already exist? If not, then don't do anything with the IP's yet, once you start creating the reseller accounts, you can then use:

WHM > Manage Reseller’s Shared IP

To assign each reseller their own shared IP.

Reactions: cPanelMichael

MartinPorter

Registered
Jun 4, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the pointer, I setup cpanel using the servers IP and then got an extra 4 IPs (the price was good!!:))
if I modify the IP will I need to update the DNS zones or will cPanel do this for me? thanks again Jcats....

Jcats

PartnerNOC
May 25, 2011
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
if I modify the IP will I need to update the DNS zones or will cPanel do this for me? thanks again Jcats....
That will NOT update existing DNS zones, if you want to change all your current accounts to use the new shared IP then you would want to use the "Change Multiple Sites’ IP Addresses" option in WHM.

That option will only work for newly created accounts.

Reactions: cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @MartinPorter,

I'm glad to see @Jcats was able to answer your questions. I've marked this thread as solved.

Thanks!