Not open for further replies.

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
currently ASSP permits to

a) install/configure assp on a cpanel server in an easy way
b) install a cpanel web interface for your clients

The web interface permits to ;
1) enable disable filters (rbl,bayesian...) per domain and per subdomain .
2) detailed log per domain/subdomain for each enabled filter.

Last edited:

4u123

PartnerNOC
Jan 2, 2006
Hi,

Do you have any plans to build this as a WHM addon module ?

t9clkclnr

Jun 11, 2004
Southern California
assp.cfg

Hey Radio_head,

I just purchased the software, got your response.
I was having the same problem that is posted on sourceforge in which users have been trying to edit the assp.cfg file via your web interface, and having no luck. I performed your installation 3 times, and walked through the configuration process 4 times. After spending about 8 hours on this I was wondering if you could simply send me the cfg file to which you have posted here:
http://www.grscripts.com/assp_configuration.htm

It's getting really cumbersome trying to edit your config file manually which is not in the order that is displayed in the web based interface.

so far the easy to follow direction have been somewhat easy to follow, all 4-6 times however, there seems to be an obvious bug out there on certain servers.
CentOS 4.4

Here is the issue reported on the sourceforge forum. I didn't see a response from you regarding this either.
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1136993&forum_id=235333

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
As I know , if you set some wrong parameter on assp 1.2.6 and older versions (using the web interface) assp resets the assp configuration to default values. I think that this problem will be surely fixed with 1.2.7 (it will be a big update) .

If you follows the suggested configuration step by step assp does not fail .If it fails the reason is explained above.

Your idea to post my assp.cfg on web site is good and I'll post the assp.cfg file as possible.

When I wrote the "how to" I decided don't post it (assp.cfg) because I think that you should get confidence with the assp web interface. If you simply copy and paste my assp.cfg file , I think that you will never get confidence with the assp web interface . I'll post the assp.cfg file , underlining this aspect.

Bye

4u123

PartnerNOC
Jan 2, 2006
Hi,

You missed my question....

Thanks.

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
I cannot see a reason to put assp in WHM .
What do you want exactly on WHM ? A link to open the assp web interface or what else ?

Bye

t9clkclnr

Jun 11, 2004
Southern California
Thanks Radio_head

I actually tested a theory...

I did this:

1. I changed all parameters at once side by side with your config example.
Then I updated and what i seen was that the assp.cfg modified date/time stamp did not change at all.

2 Then I changed section by section applying the changes. The config did not change it's timestamp again. Nor did the file size decrease or increase.

I was sure there was something I was missing, however the assp.cfg did not change at all. It just did not write to the file. It did however create an exact copy of the file assp.cfg.bak, and assp.cfg.bak.bak a few times. All with the same time stamp from when i initially ran perl assp.cfg each time I attempted to configuration process as described in your how-to.

Thanks again for your help.

t9clkclnr

Jun 11, 2004
Southern California
As an Add-on in WHM

Hi,

You missed my question....

Thanks.

I believe, this user means integrating your admin section into WHM as an addon, thus removing the need to login to ASSP admin separately. Also, no need to access admin via port:55555.

By clicking your link from the addon section, it would frame the admin page, just as many other addons do now. It may require the navigation on the left to be adjusted, maybe to the top with drop down menus, but whatever works.

I personally think that would be great. It would keep my administration of servers down to a single login for each server.

Maybe something to consider for a future release or update?

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
>
I did this:
1. I changed all parameters at once side by side with your config example.
Then I updated and what i seen was that the assp.cfg modified date/time stamp did not change at all.

2 Then I changed section by section applying the changes. The config did not change it's timestamp again. Nor did the file size decrease or increase.

I was sure there was something I was missing, however the assp.cfg did not change at all. It just did not write to the file. It did however create an exact copy of the file assp.cfg.bak, and assp.cfg.bak.bak a few times. All with the same time stamp from when i initially ran perl assp.cfg each time I attempted to configuration process as described in your how-to.

Thanks again for your help.
>

again , it's strange because I activate several license daily and very few people report this kind of problem. I repeat you that only some wrong parameter could reset assp.cfg.
You can email me with your root login and licensed ip and I can try to replicate the problem.

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
I believe, this user means integrating your admin section into WHM as an addon, thus removing the need to login to ASSP admin separately. Also, no need to access admin via port:55555.

By clicking your link from the addon section, it would frame the admin page, just as many other addons do now. It may require the navigation on the left to be adjusted, maybe to the top with drop down menus, but whatever works.

I personally think that would be great. It would keep my administration of servers down to a single login for each server.

Maybe something to consider for a future release or update?

I'ill consider it if I'll receive other requests like this. Consider that once assp running and configured there is NO need to open the the assp web interface daily.

t9clkclnr

Jun 11, 2004
Southern California
[deluxe] ????

Need clarification about your configuration page:

When i see "[DELUXE]" does this mean i need to leave the value of my default config, or match what is on your configuration help page?

It says:

" [DELUXE] near an option means that this value is mandatory (DON'T CHANGE THIS SETTING) to use the "assp deluxe for cpanel scripts" ."

Not completely clear on that.

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
"[DELUXE]" means that it must match what is on my configuration help page .

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
the assp.cfg file is now available

Last edited:

t9clkclnr

Jun 11, 2004
Southern California
Awesome Thanks Radio_Head

I sincerely appreciate your assistance with this. After tweaking the cfg file, I got the service to run. Testing now on a new server!

I will certainly post more feedback as I have about 200-300 email accounts on the server, only processing about 5000-10000 emails daily.

Thanks again!

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
Thank you, no problem.

Regarding your question , ASSP automatically processes them . It's the "Email Interface" feature.

Bye

RTCruiser

Jun 28, 2006
So let me get this straight:

By default, ASSP comes bundled with (the main stuff I'm mentioning)

- HELO filter
- BAYESIAN filter
- RBL filter
- SPF
- PTR
- assp Server wide Antivirus

So in other words, I will not being using:

spam assassin
clamav
any custom rbl, bayesian, helo filters from any other 3rd party sources?
You can definitely get rid of Spamassassin (yeah!) and spamd, but ASSP uses clamav for anti-virus.

abubin

Dec 7, 2004
I have been a loyal user of mailscanner and spamassassin for a few years now. I love it very much as an antispam tool which my servers are getting constantly. Then I found out about ASSP. From what I read about ASSP, it seems to not use the method applied by spamassassin like calculating the header or something. That's why it is so much faster than SA. Therefore, it is relying most of it's spamdetection method on bayes. Bayes is effective to certain extent. I think it is also a very good antispam method but there are reports that it can't detect those nasty graphics stock spam.

Don't get me wrong. I think ASSP seems to be a good idea especially it's low resource usage and less tinkering on MTA and server settings. So, I will give it a try soon.

My question :

1) does the howto in radio_head's site exclusively only for paying customers? Is there a general howto to install ASSP?

2) can ASSP detect and remove those graphics stock spams?

3) is there an interface in ASSP similar to mailwatch for mailscanner? I love this mailwatch so much I really hate to part with it.

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
554 5.7.7 Invalid HELO Format .

I'm logging in from my laptop to my smtp to send an email to [email protected] from [email protected] or anywhere from [email protected], and I keep getting the HELO problem.

How do I allow users from their personal ISP's to connect to their email and send?
check your report log (using the web interface) and see what HELO string are you using to send email .

If you have still problems please email me with your licensed ip , and I'll provide you support.

Status
Not open for further replies.