ASSP Deluxe for cPanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandafields

May 6, 2004
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I want to use the assp option "Block All Remote Sender with Local Domain Address" so that anyone who sends me email using my own email domain will be blocked.

However, I want one of my local domains to NOT be blocked by this option.

Is that possible to exclude 1 domain from the option "Block All Remote Sender with Local Domain Address" ?

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
I understood you are talking about
Block Local Address from External Sender Alltogether (DoNoSpoofing)

In this case simply put the local domain (or email) in "Don't do Spoofing Check for these Addresses/Domains* (noSpoofingCheckDomain)"

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
I have a few questions about ASSP. I'm currently running Chirpy's Mailscanner mods but it's missing one key feature (and not his fault), the ability for end users to view and manage their own quarantine.

Does ASSP 1) offer a front-end interface for users to manage their quarantine and 2) Does anyone have any decent screenshots of it?

ASSP works in a different way , there is no quarantine. In ASSP there are Bayesian collections (spam/not spam/ok mail..) which can be corrected using a web interface (by admins) or email interface (by customers) to make the Bayesian filter more efficient.

If a customer [email protected] (i.e.) has an email blocked using ASSP, the customer can

1) Read the /spambox imap folder (faster way) or read email using Horde , Squirrel and Roundcube ([email protected] spambox folder). When the customer will find/search the blocked email he can forward it to [email protected] , and it will not be blocked again.
2) The customer can send an email to [email protected] (from [email protected]).
Your customer will receive via email a list of blocked email . If the client find a good email blocked in this list
he can press the button to receive/release the email in his inbox
3) the client can send an email to the sender and it will be whitelisted automatically
4) the client can whitelist the sender email (or domain too) sending an email to [email protected] . If he wants whitelist a domain name he should enter [email protected] in the subject or email body. He can enter also a list of domain or email to be whitelisted .
5) the client can login in his cpanel and using the ASSP Deluxe frontend can see a list of email blocked. He can read the blocked email and ask to retrieve it.
6) the client can setup a [email protected] pop3 spambox collector. For all customers which are not confident with imap protocol they can use a spambox collector . All spam sent to @domain.com will be collected by a [email protected] pop3 account. When the customer will find a good email blocked he can forward it to [email protected] , and it will not be blocked again.

All the steps above can be done without administration support.

However as Administrator you have other ways to allow a blocked email using the ASSP web interface.
For example you can put the blocked email in ASSP WEB INTERFACE > whitelisting menu > Whitelisted Domains and Addresses* (whiteListedDomains) , you can whitelist ip senders , you can use the noprocessing menu to bypass domain,email ,ips ..

BTW If several customers are reporting good email blocked, you (as administrator) should set ASSP spam filter settings
more conservative , it can be done almost instantly using ASSP WHM > SCORE SETTINGS
Good email email blocked in spambox should be rare or none , otherwise it's time to reconfigure your ASSP settings.

Last edited:

bigj

Aug 9, 2003
Tucson,AZ
Excellent information! I am seriously considering moving to ASSP Deluxe from Mailscanner just so I can enable my users the ability to manage their filtered spam autonomously.

Expect a new order today :)

ASSP works in a different way , there is no quarantine. In ASSP there are Bayesian collections (spam/not spam/ok mail..) which can be corrected using a web interface (by admins) or email interface (by customers) to make the Bayesian filter more efficient.

If a customer [email protected] (i.e.) has an email blocked using ASSP, the customer can

1) Read the /spambox imap folder (faster way) or read email using Horde , Squirrel and Roundcube ([email protected] spambox folder). When the customer will find/search the blocked email he can forward it to [email protected] , and it will not be blocked again.
2) The customer can send an email to [email protected] (from [email protected]).
Your customer will receive via email a list of blocked email . If the client find a good email blocked in this list
he can press the button to receive/release the email in his inbox
3) the client can send an email to the sender and it will be whitelisted automatically
4) the client can whitelist the sender email (or domain too) sending an email to [email protected] . If he wants whitelist a domain name he should enter [email protected] in the subject or email body. He can enter also a list of domain or email to be whitelisted .
5) the client can login in his cpanel and using the ASSP Deluxe frontend can see a list of email blocked. He can read the blocked email and ask to retrieve it.
6) the client can setup a [email protected] pop3 spambox collector. For all customers which are not confident with imap protocol they can use a spambox collector . All spam sent to @domain.com will be collected by a [email protected] pop3 account. When the customer will find a good email blocked he can forward it to [email protected] , and it will not be blocked again.

All the steps above can be done without administration support.

However as Administrator you have other ways to allow a blocked email using the ASSP web interface.
For example you can put the blocked email in ASSP WEB INTERFACE > whitelisting menu > Whitelisted Domains and Addresses* (whiteListedDomains) , you can whitelist ip senders , you can use the noprocessing menu to bypass domain,email ,ips ..

BTW If several customers are reporting good email blocked, you (as administrator) should set ASSP spam filter settings
more conservative , it can be done almost instantly using ASSP WHM > SCORE SETTINGS
Good email email blocked in spambox should be rare or none , otherwise it's time to reconfigure your ASSP settings.

manokiss

Mar 31, 2002
probably this is more a feature request that i guess can be done.
Will be great if automatically can add the mailman subscribed email addresses to the whitelist automatically? mailman have commands to list all the subscribed emails in each list then i guess this can be added to the whitelist? running with the status.php or any other cron that is part off assp deluxe?
Thanx!

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
probably this is more a feature request that i guess can be done.
Will be great if automatically can add the mailman subscribed email addresses to the whitelist automatically? mailman have commands to list all the subscribed emails in each list then i guess this can be added to the whitelist? running with the status.php or any other cron that is part off assp deluxe?
Thanx!
ok I will see if it will be possibile (I think using an external script) .

elalcaudon

Registered
Jun 14, 2011
I'm trying to monitor to an extent, but email queue is down to 0.
with the addition of the mail queue deletion script from premierwebsitesolutions.com/scripts

I say the new version is scary, because it's working extremely well. Too good. I must be missing some emails, but I'll keep an eye on it and report back..

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
I'm trying to monitor to an extent, but email queue is down to 0.
with the addition of the mail queue deletion script from premierwebsitesolutions.com/scripts

I say the new version is scary, because it's working extremely well. Too good. I must be missing some emails, but I'll keep an eye on it and report back..
Be sure to follow this how to read blocked email , if you are worried about false positives (good email blocked).

Chris Coen

Registered
Feb 24, 2008
Just installed a new account on my box. Spam has been a struggle for them and we are making strides with getting the scoring set just right for them. However, the main account is getting littered with cron job emails on a minute by minute basis.

Code:
Subject: 	Cron <[email protected]> /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php-cgi /usr/local/assp/deluxe/spam_cronjob.php
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.6
Content-type: text/html

Server load 0.07 [ OK ].
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  opendir(/usr/local/assp/deluxe/spam) [<a href='function.opendir'>function.opendir</a>]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/assp/deluxe/spam_cronjob.php</b> on line <b>156</b><br />
grep: /etc/trueuserdomains: Permission denied

fixing permission problem on  /usr/local/assp/deluxe/spam  

chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/local/assp/deluxe/spam': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/usr/local/assp/deluxe/spam': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of `/usr/local/assp/deluxe/spam': Operation not permitted
--- setting 777 root:root on /usr/local/assp/deluxe/spam -----

nothing to do , exiting ........
Is this something I should concern myself with? If not, how can I stop this cron message from getting sent? In less than a week, there is over 7,000 emails identical to this one in the mailbox.

Thanks

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
Is this something I should concern myself with? If not, how can I stop this cron message from getting sent? In less than a week, there is over 7,000 emails identical to this one in the mailbox.
>

It should not happen please contact support ASSP Deluxe post installation steps ,FAQs and support.
and it will be checked .

Chris Coen

Registered
Feb 24, 2008
>

It should not happen please contact support ASSP Deluxe post installation steps ,FAQs and support.
and it will be checked .
Thanks for the reply. I have sent a support email. Prior to this, ASSP has been working GREAT on my server for the past 4 years without issue.

~Cheers~

manokiss

Mar 31, 2002
Hi Radio, can you please refresh my memory about how to achieve this? A local domain owner have using his ISP SMTP but he also have other domains hosted in the same server, when he send any email from the email address which have the ISP smtp to any email address to the other hosted domains is bouncing back (obviously cause the system is detected the domain localy but receiving the email from an external smtp).

Should i have to add the domain in noprocessing list? this will not also disable spam filters (which i do not want)?

Thanx in advance!

SoftDux

May 27, 2006
Johannesburg, South Africa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I know I have asked this before, but how's the clustering option coming along?

I would LOVE to be able to whitelist certain domains / IP's, easily on all our cPanel servers and think a clustering option would make just much easier than having to login to each server one-by-one and adding the domain(s) / IP('s) to be whitelisted

manokiss

Mar 31, 2002
Hi Radio,

In one of my servers i have the v 4.7.7 and looks like you have changed the license server as it showing: "grscripts.com is temporarly not available , if you want update something please try again later." How can i update on that server? The other servers with v 4.8.8 is not showing any error.

Thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.