The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assp Whm Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davis, Feb 3, 2007.

1. davis

davis Member

Will ASSP be avaliable or as part of cpanel/whm in the near future? This spam system is very good and i hope to see it built into CPANEL/WHM

thanks in advance.

2. katmai

katmai Well-Known Member

you could say the same about configserver mailscanner package. not to mention that besides mailscanner all other configserver tools are "a must have" for a webserver. yet, i think the things should stay the way they are now. it's pretty much ok.

3. ispro

ispro Well-Known Member

Guys, while we not yet completed ASSP testing but we made beta version of WHM Addon module for ASSP quick install/upgrade.

We confirm that it works well enough.

However we not plan to create cPanel frontend neither free nor paid (while paid version could be got from grscripts.com).

What do you think, is it enough for server admins to have ASSP WHM module instead SpamAssassin?

P.S. For now we are trying to find a best way to verify local recipients (currently done in the Exim)...

4. katmai

katmai Well-Known Member

i use configserver's mailscanner package and i am happy for now. things were easy and painless. never tried assp so far. yet i think that the things should stay as they are, as both developers they are doing great jobs and keeping people happy. integrating with cpanel would raise more and more questions like: why isn't that updated and stuff.