The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asterisk and cpanel - good idea?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by omega00, Mar 23, 2006.

1. omega00

omega00 Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
    I was investigating the gameserver addon for cpanel yesterday, very nice job *cheers creators* and was thinking, if someone could make something like that for cpanel, then why not an asterisk addon (see asterisk at

I know Im hopeless at any sort of addon and such, but I know there's some person out there smart enough to do this, perhaps they already have tried? Does anyone know of, or would be interested in doing something like this?

Asterisk for those who couldn't be bothered looking at the webpage:
    "Asterisk is a complete PBX in software. It runs on Linux, BSD and MacOSX and provides all of the features you would expect from a PBX and more. Asterisk does voice over IP in many protocols, and can interoperate with almost all standards-based telephony equipment using relatively inexpensive hardware. Asterisk provides Voicemail services with Directory, Call Conferencing, Interactive Voice Response and Call Queuing. It has support for three-way calling, caller ID services, ADSI, SIP and H.323 (as both client and gateway). Check the Features section for a more complete list." - about Asterisk

Feel free to make any suggestions. I've had the dream, now hopefully someone can run with the idea.