The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atmail and Cpanel Spambox

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by CoolMike, Dec 20, 2008.

1. CoolMike

CoolMike Well-Known Member

Hi

I bought Atmail webmail and it works perfectly for my cpanel mail accounts, only the spambox is not visible.

Atmail is looking for a folder called "Spam" but the real spam folder which cpanel creates is called "spam".

Is anybody using atmail and the cpanel spambox? If yes, what do I need to change to get this working?

I contacted already two times the atmail support, but no answer yet.

Thanks
    Michael

2. dwykofka

dwykofka Well-Known Member

I looked at atmail recently but I was wondering do you have to purchase "client" licenses if you are just getting the "webmail" software and not the mail server?

Sorry I dont have an answer for your question but I would guess that you might be able to "grep" some of the config files for "Spam" to see if you can find it. Although if working in an imap capacity it should just grab what the server says exists and not be predefined.

3. CoolMike

That's correct, even you use only the webmail, you have to buy licenses for the amount of users which use atmail. But there is also a free version, but this does not include the calendar and many other useful things.

I did search already for the word spam, but it is mentioned in so many files. Unfortunately the spam folder is not like a normal imap folder in atmail.

4. sirotex

sirotex Well-Known Member

Then the easy sollution. Symlink 'Spam' to 'spam' folder ;)

5. CoolMike

Hi sirotex

Thanks, but we talk here about 10'000 customers which maybe 100'000 mail accounts. Therefore creating a symlink for all of them is not really a solution. Specially I need this also for future mail accounts.

Michael

6. sirotex

sirotex Well-Known Member

You don't need to symlink them ALL. just symlink that folder to the 'spam' folder that cPanel creates thus Atmail will be really using 'spam' when its looking at 'Spam'