Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Attempting to drop privileges to root Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jceja, May 24, 2018.

1. jceja

jceja Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm getting this error on whm on login after doing some module installs, I can't figure out how to solve it

Code:
    Internal Server Error

exit level [die] [pid=24867] (Attempting to drop privileges to root.)
    cpsrvd Server at server.4sales.mx
    looking at the cpanel error_log looks like this
    Code:
    [2018-05-24 18:30:02 -0400] die [whostmgrd] Attempting to drop privileges to root. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AccessIds/ReducedPrivileges.pm line 135.
        Cpanel::AccessIds::ReducedPrivileges::_prevent_dropping_to_root(0, 0) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AccessIds/ReducedPrivileges.pm line 73
        Cpanel::AccessIds::ReducedPrivileges::call_as_user(CODE(0x25b19d0), "root") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server.pm line 1398
        Cpanel::Server::update_lastlogin(Cpanel::Server=HASH(0x25453e8), "root") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server.pm line 1369
        Cpanel::Server::newsession(Cpanel::Server=HASH(0x25453e8), __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ...) called at cpsrvd.pl line 3871
        cpanel::cpsrvd::handle_auth_transfer(HASH(0x140d2e0)) called at cpsrvd.pl line 1342
        cpanel::cpsrvd::handle_one_connection(7) called at cpsrvd.pl line 877
        cpanel::cpsrvd::script() called at cpsrvd.pl line 324
    die [whostmgrd] Attempting to drop privileges to root.
    [2018-05-24 18:30:02 -0400] info [whostmgrd] Internal Server Error: "POST /cpsess8374098490/xfercpanel?login=1&post_login=65433857160412 HTTP/1.1" 500 exit level [die] [pid=24867] (Attempting to drop privileges to root.)

There are similar threads here with this same error, but none has an awnser, some of them ask for this, I'll add this too

Code:
    # grep 0:0 /etc/passwd
    root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
    Any help would be appreciated

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Which module you are installing? Does it occur for all module that you install?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jceja

jceja Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I was installing a CRM software that needed some special packages on easy apache, one that i had to manualy install via ssh was "Structures_DataGrid_DataSource_PDO-0.2.0" via this command
    Code:
    pecl install channel://pear.php.net/Structures_DataGrid_DataSource_PDO-0.2.0

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Module installs shouldn't have had that affect, this error is commonly related to some form of permission/ownership issues. Can you please open a ticket using the link in my signature? Once the ticket is open please reply to this thread with the ticket ID so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...