The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authentification problem (New password)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by user2014, Nov 18, 2014.

1. user2014

user2014 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I'm having currently a very big problem, i've just edited the password of my cpanel to [Removed] and somehow after i did that and confirmed it logged out and redirected me to a new control panel url with a new port number, i tried to log in with the new password that i set but it doesn't work at all, neither in cpanel or in FTP Client.

I've copied paste exactly the same password, i'm suspecting maybe type and format of password is not supported in cpanel ?

What can be the source of the problem, please help me, i'm realy desperate :(

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated, thank you

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest contacting your web hosting provider for assistance. They will be able to change your password, and verify it's working as intended.

Note: Please keep in mind that these forums are public. Posting an actual password to a public forums let's anyone in the world know your password.

Thank you.

3. user2014

user2014 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you for your help, i'll do as you told me and thanks for the advice :)