The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Config not setting up SMTP [moved]

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bluescat, Apr 26, 2003.

1. bluescat

bluescat Registered

Auto Config not setting up SMTP

Hi all,
    I'm new here and am fairly new to Cpanel. I am not a Manager - I'm just a user of Cpanel. My problem is with Outlook Auto-Configure. I created a new email account, clicked on Auto Configure - answered the appropriate questions per the instructions and then launched Outlook. It had no problem checking for mail on the account but whenever I try to send an email - it sits there for about 15 seconds and times out. My isp tells me I need to check the "authenticate" box - I assumed Auto Config would do that. I looked at the setting and the box IS checked - yet I am unabe to send anything! It's extremely frustrating - I can check for mail with no problem but I cant send mail. I cant figure out what the problem is - my pc is running Windows 2000 - perhaps there's a bug with auto-configure and Win2K?
    Any help would be very much appreciated as I am pulling all my hair out and my ISP is no help and my wife doesn't like all the hair on the floor.
    ;-)
    Thanks,
    Bob Unger

2. ruraltowns

ruraltowns Member

Looked in your OUTBOX for "STUCK" messages lately????

Will KILL a correct setup EVERY TIME!

Delete ALL messages in OutBox....IF that is the problem, it will send again!

OUTLOOK SUCKS!! :mad:

3. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Looks like your ISP is blocking port 25 (SMTP) which is very common these days. Talk to your webhosting company and ask them what alternative port they provide for you to use. It's probably port 26 - you could just try that. Or, you could use your ISP's SMTP server if it allows you to send from email addresses other than their own domain.

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=36798