auto delete of email when forwarded?

wildnis

Jun 20, 2005
Hi,

I wonder if there is any auto delete for emails which got forwarded.
I have some users on the server which forwarding there email address to another account - problem is that the mailboxes are getting larger and larger and I have to delete them manualy.

Is there a fix??
Help appreciated
Thanks

DigitalSurgeon

Aug 13, 2005
If you want emails to be forwarded only and not kept on the server, then you do NOT need pop3 email accounts on the server. You have already setup email forwarders. If you are going to have pop3 + forwarder then emails will NOT be deleted from pop3 automatically because what you are trying to do with that is have them stored on the server (pop3) AND forward a copy (forwarder). A forwarder does NOT need a pop3 account.

wildnis

Jun 20, 2005
thanks for all that so far.
But I still need the email address so I have to set up a box, correct?
The thing is that we have a domain xxx.com, so we want to use [email protected], this will be forwarded to [email protected].

But we do need the address [email protected]. believe that as soon as I create an email account a pop3 box is created.

I don't understand how we can forward an email which does not exists (so it would go into the :blackwhole

Appreciate your help

dalem

PartnerNOC
Oct 24, 2003
SLC
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
first off you shuld use :fail: instead of blackhole

[email protected] would be an alias and would forward all others alias's that you don't have forwarders set up for would bounce (or in your case since your using blackhole would disapear)

aby

May 31, 2005
India
wildnis said:
thanks, can you explain what the difference is between blackwhole and fail?
:blackhole: means the mail disapears and no failed message is sent out.
:fail: means messages will fail, and an error message will be produced and sent back to the user.