Auto Expunge Trash, actually is not expunging anything

DiegoMolina

Registered
Jan 13, 2021
Chile
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi! I have a question, so im trying to implement some webmail session URLs to expunge message to delete them but it wont expunge anything and the URLs are right because it wont throw any error.
Is there anything i can do ?
Thanks in advance

Sorry for my bad english, is because im from chile.

DiegoMolina

Registered
Jan 13, 2021
Chile
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey! thanks for answering cPRex.
Maybe i didn't say it right but what i meant was that im using selenium in a WPF app in C#, and in that app what i do is use UAPI by creating a webmail session URL
With the host,token and the request. So when i create the request and send it so it can load in selenium the return of the function is empty
1611925635225.png
1611928939023.png

There are some images so its more easy to understand what i meant

Note: The Mailbox are not empty btw and when i check on cpanel if something was worked (deleted mails older than X date) nothing happened.

Last edited:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the additional details - that does help clear things up :D

Is it possible the account was migrated or the timestamps on the messages have changed in some other way? This would affect the expunge tool from reading the dates on the files properly, so it might be best to check a few of the files on the command line that you are expecting to get removed.

Reactions: DiegoMolina

DiegoMolina

Registered
Jan 13, 2021
Chile
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
When you say migrated what do you mean ? D:
And how can i check the timestaps on the messages? because i have multiple email accounts and i'm pretty sure that they haven't changed.
i checked the messages on roundcube and even when i do the expunge on the app ( expunge any mail older than 1 month) the mails stays intact :(

1611947347858.png

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In the past, I've seen issues with the expunge tool after an account was migrated, as the file modification timestamp would have changed when the file was moved to a new server. You'd need to check that on the command line with the "stat" command, although you may be able to get enough data from File Manager as well. Emails would be stored in the /home/username/mail/domain.com/emailaddress/ directory, and you'll see the usual folders there, so that is where I'd recommend examining the files.

Since you have root access to the server you are always welcome to submit a ticket to our team if you aren't able to resolve the issue.