Deeco

Registered
Nov 14, 2010
Hi,

I need to know if it is possible to host my very own sub-domain using my domain, for example: A customer signs up for a hosting package using a WHMCS and he/she decides to host a sub-domain from us 'client.mycompany.com', the WHM automatically creates a sub-domain.

Please help.

Thank you.

tomdchi

Feb 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi,

I need to know if it is possible to host my very own sub-domain using my domain, for example: A customer signs up for a hosting package using a WHMCS and he/she decides to host a sub-domain from us 'client.mycompany.com', the WHM automatically creates a sub-domain.

Please help.

Thank you.
Yes it is possible but the original domain will need its dns zone modified with an A record to point to the subdomain. It would be up to your customer to do this. When they order the new hosting account they would order it just like any other hosting account and use the subdomain they want (client.mycompany.com) as the accounts domain.
There is nothing in WHMCS that can automate the DNS change that needs to be made to 'mycompany.com'.

Deeco

Registered
Nov 14, 2010
Thanks for your replies. It turned out that WHMCS has a built in Sub-Domain feature that connects with WHM. I managed to get it working, by asisstance from WHMCS support forums.