The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Generated Sub-Domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deeco, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Deeco

Deeco Registered

Hi,

I need to know if it is possible to host my very own sub-domain using my domain, for example: A customer signs up for a hosting package using a WHMCS and he/she decides to host a sub-domain from us 'client.mycompany.com', the WHM automatically creates a sub-domain.

Please help.

Thank you.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    WHM does not automatically create sub domains, but you might find something to do this over at the WHMCS forums. You can create a sub domain as it's own cPanel account.

3. tomdchi

tomdchi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Yes it is possible but the original domain will need its dns zone modified with an A record to point to the subdomain. It would be up to your customer to do this. When they order the new hosting account they would order it just like any other hosting account and use the subdomain they want (client.mycompany.com) as the accounts domain.
    There is nothing in WHMCS that can automate the DNS change that needs to be made to 'mycompany.com'.

4. Deeco

Deeco Registered

Thanks for your replies. It turned out that WHMCS has a built in Sub-Domain feature that connects with WHM. I managed to get it working, by asisstance from WHMCS support forums.