The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

auto install forum user password

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ttremeth, Feb 22, 2003.

1. ttremeth

ttremeth Member

Hi,

When cpanel sets this up what password does it use for the database user and if it is not standard how can we get it?

2. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

Actually, if you using phpbb its a guessing game and this feature is not working properly. Delete the username_xmb1 database and the username_username account since you dont know the password that was assigned. Then re-create the username_xmb1 database with your own username and password. Assign the username to the database and try your installation again. At least when you recreate the username you know exactly what the password is since you just create the user and its no longer a guessing game.

3. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

4. thomas

thomas Well-Known Member

Or you could do the most obvious, view the config.php file in ../public_html/FORUMNAME/

:)

5. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

Config file is empty prior to setup!

6. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

It is usually set to the cpanel account password. Try that.

7. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

Nope sorry, as i said in my other post, the user control panel pw does not work nor is there anything in the config.php so what i was saying is one needs to create a new user with a pw and assign that user to the xmb1 db. Then it works!

8. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Try deleting it and starting over. It should be the account password. If it doesn't work than it must be a bug.