wiredhat

Sep 10, 2001
Any one know how to prevent an autoresponder loop
between a local autoresponder and a remote one?

I hate to break up the dialogue they seem to be hitting it off
but server resources must take priority...

billmicke

Mar 28, 2002
When this happens to me, I delete the autoresponder and then re-add it after about an hour just to be sure the other side has finished sending emails.

It would be nice if the autoresponder feature in Cpanel would only send 1 auto-response to the same email within a 24 hour feature. Oh... sounds like a feature request!

awsol

cPanel Test Bitch
Feb 8, 2002
Boston MA
LOL I never even thought of that happening. That would annoy the hell out of me. Someone drop in a feature request.

feanor

Aug 13, 2001
Any clue if this was actually implemented?
An anti-looping feature for the autoresponders cpanel provides, that is.

Coz a few people are screaming about 18,000 emails, and how this system is &antiquated&

Makes me happy.

:p

rpmws

Aug 14, 2001
back woods of NC, USA
2 things.. I have seen this 20 times ..cool thing is box fills up and account shuts off :)

1.) tell customer to put a DIFFERENT addres in the &From& box when making that autoresponder. One different than the address the autoresponder responders to.

2.) tell customer to include a note that says &Do not reply to this email ..it will go nowhere& Thsi will keep people from expecting that as a good address.

What happens is they use the same &From& address so when a autoresponder poorly configured on both ends sends one to either you have a email war. I think it's funny to watch customers to this to themselves. It cracks me up .really it does. I even did this to myself once maybe twice :)