Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Auto SSL will not create cert for primary domain.

Discussion in 'Security' started by jharbert, Jan 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jharbert

jharbert Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I have 3 cpanel accounts with several domains tied to each. All with working Comodo certs from AutoSSL. However my primary domain will not work. Keep getting this error in the log.
    Code:
    10:06:03 AM WARN Use of uninitialized value $filename in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SSL/DCV.pm line 108.
     10:06:05 AM WARN The domain “example.com” failed domain control validation: The content “137” of the <abbr title="Domain Control Validation">DCV</abbr> file, as accessed at “http://example.com/”, did not match the expected value. at bin/autossl_check.pl line 546.

This same account has subdomain egg.example.com and AutoSSL successfully created a cert for it. Just not example.com and www.example.com.

#1 jharbert, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look and determine why domain validation is failing for this domain name?

Thank you.

3. jharbert

jharbert Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Just opened one.8126567

4. jharbert

jharbert Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Cpanel support resolved this. Thanks. Below is fix for those searching.

Quote from support-
    The issue with 'example.com' not being able to be issued an AutoSSL was due to an extra '/' at the end of the document root for the domain in httpd.conf:

We currently have an internal case (CPANEL-10492) to address the issue of not being able to issue an AutoSSL in this case. This issue has been resolve in cPanel version 62:

However, your server is currently still on the version 60 branch of cPanel so it was still affected by this issue. In order to work around this issue, I went ahead and took the following steps on your server to remove the trailing '/' from the document root:

1. remove the trailing slash from the userdata files for the account:

Thanks again cpanel support.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm happy to see the issue was addressed. Thank you for updating this thread with the outcome.