The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

autodiscover and ssl certificate warning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ethical, Aug 6, 2014.

1. ethical

ethical Well-Known Member

ok so ive read through the other posts and documentation about autodiscover, i set my

Host to publish in the SRV records for Outlook autodiscover support > to my own server domain, yet when i try to do autodiscover on a clients site i still get the ssl certificate warning that autodiscover.clientdomain.tld does not match the certificate and if i click cancel it still tries to redirect to cpanelemaildiscovery.cpanel.net

how do i solve this for all existing and future accounts?

i also read something about creating different xml files for the different email clients, but honestly this should be built in by now!

john

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: autodiscouver and ssl certificate warning

Hello :)

To clarify, if you manually setup the host that you entered in your email client, does it not produce that same SSL certificate warning?

Thank you.

3. ethical

NO, the autodiscover is still pulling autodiscover.clientdomain.tld as opposed the server host address, and since its trying to do an ssl connection it gives the warning (seems to happen the first time only but thats still not acceptable) When I check the xml file it is setting up the hostname correctly in the setup but it seems the inital request goes thorugh the clients domain thus producing the error.

setting things manually does not create any errors of course it never did, since this is an issue with the autodiscover not my ssl cert.

thnkas

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. ethical

ticket ID 5312707 i would post the solution here but there were several steps and not sure I would do it justice! if you dont mind Michael that would be great.

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Internal case number 111361 was opened to address the issue where the "A" record that is created when using "Thunderbird and Outlook autodiscover and autoconfig support" in "Tweak Settings" causes Outlook to display an SSL certificate mismatch warning. The temporary workaround is to delete the "A" record that's in place for autodiscover.domain.com.

Thank you.

7. jndawson

jndawson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator