Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autodiscover dns records

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Friends4U, Feb 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Friends4U

Friends4U Member

Hi,

When adding a domein, the A record: autodiscover is being created.
    When using Outlook, an certificate error is generated because of this record.
    When deleting this records, all goes well.

How can I stop cpanel from generating these records and how can i remove them from all domains (except for domain with altered autodiscover A records)?

Greetings :)

2. Friends4U

Friends4U Member

I found how to do this in tweak settings, but it also disables the creation if the _autodiscover._tcp SRV record (which does work :)).
    I can edit the zone so on new domains this is added correctly, but now i need to know how to update the other domains to add the _autodiscover._tcp SRV record :)

3. Friends4U

Friends4U Member

Found out how to do this... but I believe the "bad" a record is needed for iphone autodiscovery to work... But that does not work :(
    I made another ticket for this...

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You may also want to vote and add feedback to the following feature request:

Autodiscover Proxy on a Per Domain Basis

I see you have opened a new thread for the issue referenced in your last post.

Thank you.