The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autodiscover setting breaking outlook autodisover for domains setup to remote exchange server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by slim, Mar 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. slim

slim Well-Known Member

I have the Autodiscover for thunderbird setting enabled on my cPanel servers, and it seems to be playing havoc for domains that use remote exchange servers.

I have a domain on my cpanel server with the correct autodiscover record however when setting up the email account in outlook, it keeps looking at the cpanel server, rather than the exchange server.

If I disable the Autodiscover for thunderbird setting this problem goes away and autodiscover works by looking up the autodiscover.mydomain.com cname record and correctly connecting to the exchang eserver.

I'm not sure when all this stopped working, but now none of my clients with exchange can setup outlook.

I'm using the latest cPanel WHM 11.48.1 (build 2) with all the autodisover settings on default in WHM.

Help! This isnt restricted to one server either - I can replicate on multiple cpanel servers.

If I disable the autodisover for thunderbird setting, outlook will setup an account correctly!

#1 slim, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Internal case number 169545 is open to ensure Autodiscovery returns error code 400 for remote domains. There's no exact time frame available for it's release, but you can monitor our change log for this case number at:

cPanel - Change Log

Thank you.

3. joako

joako Well-Known Member

I have addressed this through your "bug reporting" system but obviously that was ignored. How can we make sure that autodiscover for these such domains actually redirects to the correct autodiscover server? It's a step that the client doesn't get the wrong settings, but it would be ideal if they could actually get the correct settings.

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you elaborate on the bug report you submitted? For instance, what ticket number were you assigned?

Thank you.

5. joako

joako Well-Known Member

6724739, 6402677, 6279771,6255793, 6255787, 6111585, and 6107821.

#5 joako, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm unable to find an active case that's not yet implemented. Could you elaborate on the specific issue that still persists at this time, the version of cPanel you are using, and let us know of any case numbers that were referenced to you?

Thank you.

7. joako

joako Well-Known Member

Still looking for a solution for this. Basically when the website is hosted with cPanel/WHM Autodiscover on iPhone, Microsoft Outlook, etc doesn't work. The email client gets the wrong settings and the user has to manually configure everything.

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you let us know the records that are automatically imported into those email clients, and the entries you are using to manually correct the issue?

Thank you.