The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

automate multiple domain/acount creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G3kk0, Oct 19, 2005.

1. G3kk0

G3kk0 Registered

I swear I did a search for things that would relate to the following. Here is my issue.

I have 500 domains. I have a dedicated server with whm access. I want to be able to take all 500 domains and dump em into a form (or something) and have 500 reseller/cpanel accounts set up.

The login names do not matter and neither the passwords can be whatever. The email address can be the same on all as well. Each account will have files copied over via the skeleton directory.

All accounts will have the same configurations.

Any ideas?

Is there a third party script of solution?

Thanks for the help,

G3kk0

2. MarkReaktor7

MarkReaktor7 Member

its possible, but you wont find anything which will do it i beleive.

Would they all be on the same package?
    Do you have a list of usernames?
    How come the password doesnt matteR?

I could make you a script to do it, but you would need to have the packages set up.
    I assume this will be used for some sort of money making scheme or hording effect.. If so how much is such a script worth to you?

Its a fairly unique script and most others (as do i) have no use for it at all, plus to the time it would take me to adequately test it and make it work to your specifications..

Also seeing as its such a huge quantity i wouldnt want to do it on an already populated server.
    Creating accounts takes say 30 seconds, this by itself is nothing but when you are constantly burning accounts (one after the other) for 500 it would take roughly 4 hours to do on the 30 second priciple.

3. G3kk0

G3kk0 Registered

Would they all be on the same package?
    Yes

Do you have a list of usernames?
    If these could be autocreated it would be best

How come the password doesnt matteR?
    Saying they can be randomely generated.

Shoot me a price via pm and I can give you access to one of my dedicated boxes.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Basically, you're looking at writing a wrapper script for /scripts/wwwacct which you can run passing parameters to it to create the accounts from shell.