The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

automate script for reseller?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by valhalla, Sep 1, 2001.

1. valhalla

valhalla Member

I am a reseller and I use WebHost Manager. I want to automate the sign up process for my customers, but I don´t know how to do it.
    Can somebody tell me how to do this?

I know there´s a signup.cgi script, but I don´t know how to use it. Please, help me!

Thanks

2. idn

idn Well-Known Member

hi there,

same deal with me.. a web site did have a script, and if i find one, i will be sure to let you know!

3. infinity

infinity Member

The script you need to write just needs to run the system command perl /scripts/wwwacct
    with the new user\'s parmaters.

Ive made a few scripts to do just this but in truth they arent as secure as you\'d probably want. Basiclaly letting a perl script run as apache do anything that will later run as root is not very safe. You can add lots fo security checks but if anyone were to just read the file it owuld be real bad.

4. valhalla

valhalla Member

I cannot use the perl script you say in my server, it only can be used by root. I think that´s not the way.

If you have WebHost Manager, you can click on Process Signups, and you will see something like \"Accounts in Queue from signup.cgi\" and \"A howto for using signup.cgi will be avalible shortly, please do not inquire about it. \"

This should be the script we need (I think) but I don´t know how to call it, how to use it, I don´t know nothing about it.

If somebody knows something, please let me now!

5. idn

idn Well-Known Member

yes.. this is the one i need to.. so it lists the accounts that need to be created...

then i can confirm that the client was billed, then activate it.. :)

6. Annie

Annie Registered

How does one access the signup.cgi? I am just starting to resell, have an order form, and need to know where to get to this script. I am hosted on CasaHosting.com.

7. aragonm

aragonm Registered

I\'m gonna guess that \"A howto for using signup.cgi will be avalible shortly, please do not inquire about it.\" means there isn\'t going to be an answer here :) Putting a statement like that in there is just beging for people to inquire. It\'s just cruel saying \"There is a feature that you really really want, it\'s called XYZ, you can\'t use it, and don\'t ask us about it\". You\'re better off just not even letting us know it exists.