The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatic Account Creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bdraco, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdraco

bdraco Guest

Automatic Accounts

I'm thinking about doing this via a perl module.

IE

use Cpanel::Accounting;

$acctmkr = new Cpanel::Accounting;
    $acctmkr-&host = 'cpanelmachine.com';
    $acctmkr-&user = 'reseller/root';
    $acctmkr-&accesshash = 'md5hash here';
    ($status,$result) = $acctmkr-&createacct('domain.com','user','pass','plan');

2. wadearnold

wadearnold Well-Known Member

This would be great

This would then create the account right away? Or would it add it to the process signups link?

3. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:edd2918bb3][i:edd2918bb3]Originally posted by wadearnold[/i:edd2918bb3]

This would then create the account right away? Or would it add it to the process signups link? [/quote:edd2918bb3]

It would create it right away...

4. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

This is somthing i would not use. Maybe somthing like this could be a plugin or somthing. Like mod_gzip and JSP. If you want it you can download the Process Signups bin and install it. Then it could add a process signup's section to WHM. (Like JSP does)

5. jumpdomain

jumpdomain Well-Known Member

That would be great... It would keep us from having to modify the wwwacct script to automatically setup accounts.

6. rbro

rbro Well-Known Member

Would this be for automatically signing up reseller accounts? That would be very useful to us. So would integration with Authorizenet. I'm not as interested in a sign up form for single domain accounts, but maybe that's just me......

7. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

How about use signup.cgi to take the signups, then use the process signups feature in WHM to approve them...

I have seen both these options in WHM, BUT, I've never actually seen them used...

8. bert

bert Well-Known Member

I agree with shaun, I rather see it as a plugin. I do not like total automation for creating accounts. I rather examine the order first. Nowdays with these spammer crooks and everything else, fully automated account creation is not the way to go.

Just my 2 cents.

9. wadearnold

signup.cgi

I was never able to get the signup.cgi to work. I guess I did not take that much time. I think most people would like to see documentation on this part of the &existing& system. I would love to use both options. I would implement the signup.cgi tonight if I knew how I could code to it. I need to know what the standard is for coding to it. I am sure I could figure out a hack but I would not want a new release to break my signup process.
    cheers;
    wade

10. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:c906ba3934][i:c906ba3934]Originally posted by bert[/i:c906ba3934]

I agree with shaun, I rather see it as a plugin. I do not like total automation for creating accounts. I rather examine the order first. Nowdays with these spammer crooks and everything else, fully automated account creation is not the way to go.

Just my 2 cents.[/quote:c906ba3934]

Its a perl module for inclusion in your [b:c906ba3934]own[/b:c906ba3934] signup script .. there will be a php one as well .. You are by no means forced to use it.

11. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

ok, sounds good. So does that mean signup.cgi and the process signup's in WHM are going to be removed or that stuff still a project to be finished?

12. bdraco

bdraco Guest

I'm looking for beta testers for this one.. Here is what works so far.. the only thing I really see anybody else needing it listaccounts ... I'm getting ready to do a php version of this soon, so please let me know if you are going to need anything besides the functions below and listaccounts

#!/usr/bin/perl
    BEGIN {
    push (@INC,&/usr/local/cpanel&);
    }
    use Cpanel::Accounting;

my($whm) = Cpanel::Accounting-&new;

$whm-&{host} = &localhost&;
    $whm-&{user} = &testuser&;
    $whm-&{accesshash} = 'hash from whm';

$response = $whm-&killacct(&someuser&);
    print $response;

my %PKGS = $whm-&listpkgs();
    foreach $package (sort keys %PKGS) {
    @PKCTS = @{$PKGS{$package}};
    print &$package @PKCTS\n&;
    }

#domain,user,pass,package
    $response = $whm-&createacct(&cptest.net&,&cpred&,&rtest&,&mypkg&);
    print $response;

$response = $whm-&suspend('someuser');
    print $response . &\n&;
    $response = $whm-&unsuspend('someuser');
    print $response . &\n&;

13. wadearnold

remote server support

I would really like to be able to create accounts on remote servers. I see that you have in your object the variable host. In the future am I going to be able to specify the host name that I would like the account created on?
    Could this be written to the same port that is listening for account transfers?

An idea would be to setup an XML daemon that would listen, parse, execute account creations? Then we could use any programming language that we want to create the front end. I know that you are creating this in php but if we went the xml route then php, asp, jsp, perl, etc would all work. For local host we could just use loop back to the same port. People could firewall the port and setup trusts for there remote servers. Let me know your thoughts. I would be more than willing to help you on this project.

Wade &luv& Arnold
    -- that's for you mama

14. rbro

rbro Well-Known Member

Will it create resource based reseller accounts as well?

15. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:d018e21d98][i:d018e21d98]Originally posted by rbro[/i:d018e21d98]

Will it create resource based reseller accounts as well?[/quote:d018e21d98]

You'll just need to put in the reseller username as the user and the access hash from their WHM.

16. bdraco

bdraco Guest

http://web.cpanel.net/manual/remoteaccess.html

Here is the documentation on this feature..

17. bens

bens Member

Thank You for this script!
    It makes a ton of features much easier now!

Thank You!! :) :)

18. greg

greg Active Member

A slightly bizarre request, but our site and business works on the basis the customer chooses the amount of space s/he wants and the site will offer a price and a certain nubmer of features (a formula returns the number of subs, databases etc. the customer gets)..

Would it be possible to set it up so instead of specifying the package it creates, you specify the specs of the account (ie. # ftps, pops, subs etc)

NOTE: I dont mean replace the ability to request the package, but have this as an alternative.

Thanks in advance.

19. wadearnold

custom package specs

I really need this option too! We do customizable webhosting were people can configure there own package. This would be a needed upgrade for me to take advantage of this feature.
    Thanks!
    wade

20. acer2k

acer2k Well-Known Member

I too would like to be able to create accts with custom specs. Please tell me how to do that :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.