The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatic Account Suspension/Expiration Script

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jandafields, Jun 13, 2008.

1. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have written a script for my own use that shows all accounts, and it has a date field that the accounts will be suspended on. When I receive a payment from a customer, I change the suspend date in that field to the next month/year/whatever they paid for. As long as they are making payments, I am always increasing that date with their payment and they never get suspended. If they miss a payment, their account is automatically suspended on that date. When they make up the payment and you modify that date, their account becomes active again.

If they are paid up through December 31, 2008, then their account will be automatically suspended on January 1, 2009, unless I receive payment before then, in which case I would change the date to February 1, 2009 (or whatever).

So, basically this is an easier way for me to keep track of accounts without having to use something like ModernBill. Of course, I would love to use ModernBill, but I'm not able to justify it at this moment.

If enough people are interested, I would consider tweaking and releasing this script. I don't intend on charging for it, but donations are always welcome.

Reply if interested, or just reply with comments even if you aren't interested.

2. Blaze_SCN

Blaze_SCN Active Member

I would be interested in this project :)

3. SageBrian

SageBrian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What would be nice is an interface where we can set up notes about an account.

Even just a simple Contact Management thing, with Contact info (besides email), comments/notes, and then an expire date.

Even if it was just 2 fields, ExDate; Notes

Enter ExDate, have script read date and suspend as necessary.
    And all the contact info could just go into Notes.

4. jandafields

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Here is what it looks like at this point. It functions as it currently is, and works perfectly for what I do, but I plan to add more to it.

If anyone has pointers on making this a whm plugin, please let me know. This is written in php, but whm requires perl scripts.

#4 jandafields, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  5. jandafields

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Updated Interface picture. Anymore ideas would be welcome!

Attached Files: