The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatic Add-Users Script

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GetWiredNet, Nov 3, 2003.

1. GetWiredNet

GetWiredNet Member

I wrote a PHP script that will add customers after the customers pay and get approved. We have just started using Cpanel and now I'm going to need to write a new script to do this that will work with Cpanel. I was wondering if Cpanel already has a script that can do this and if not what may be the best way to write this script.

Should I write the script to submit to Cpanel wwwacctform or just create the script to do all the same steps the Cpanel wwwacctform script does?

Thanks - Jeff Dupler

http://php.getwired.net/

2. HostyHost

HostyHost Member

Why don't you use WHMautoPilot or Modernbill instead?

3. k2hostnet

k2hostnet Registered

Seems to me like paying $100 for a seperate script would be a waste of money since he already has most of the work done (checking received payment, looking for verified account, etc).. All he really needs is to learn the correct APIs to use to create the users.

I have spent < 1hour working on this myself and was able to do some user creation.

Look at this doc: http://www.cpanel.net/remoteaccess-php.html

it's very helpful. Also, I would be very interested if you wouldn't mind sharing with me some of the work you have already completed, I'd also be willing to work with you to get this working so neither of us have to pay the $100 for a billing software!

Email me.

kurt@k2host.net

4. GetWiredNet

GetWiredNet Member

What I wrote was for standard Linux servers and it uses PHP, rcon, and Shell scripting to work. It emails the customer with help and setup information and emails the admin, it works with Authoriz.net and LinkPoint. I ended up not staying with Cpanel, to many things don't work and the customer has no help available to them and the Cpanel support team can only be accessed if you pay them. I'm the owner of GetWired.Net and I filled out over 5 bug requests and got no answers so I felt Cpanel was a bad choice for my company. What if something went really wrong on top of the $50+ a month they get from me per server I would then have to pay them to fix their own scripts. I dropped my Cpanel server for an Ensim Pro Server after only a week, but Cpanel is nice but it's just to much risk for me as a small company looking to expand.

Thanks,
    Jeff Dupler - Admin@getwired.net

#4 GetWiredNet, Dec 13, 2003
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2003