The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatic backup of public_html and MySQL to e-mail

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by olekkurczyk, Feb 21, 2012.

1. olekkurczyk

olekkurczyk Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,
    I have read that - http://forums.cpanel.net/f49/automatic-cpanel-backup-domain-mysql-cron-php-111213-p2.html - but this is not that what i'm looking for. I'm currently using very unreliable hosting and I'm looking for some script witch I would add to cron job and witch will automatically do a backup of public_html folder and MySQL (in SQL format like from phpMyAdmin) database on my server and send that backup as an attachment to my e-mail inbox. Is there something like that or I have to write that myself?

Thanks in advance.

2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I wonder why you stick with a hosting company if you know, their service is unreliable :)

Anyway, I have a samll script at Some techie thoughts » Simple Backup script which will take daily and weekly backup ( you can add monthly backup as well by appending a couple of lines into it).

Note that it will take a local backup. You can send it to a remote machine or do anything else based on your needs!

Thank you,
    Nibin.