automatic full backup and mysql location???

cmedia

Nov 14, 2008
Hello,

my server automatically back up every cpanel account... i need the mysql backup of a certain user... i find in the backuk directory the daily, weekly and montly back up of each user, but i'm unable to find the location of mysql back up...

can you help me, please?

cmedia

Nov 14, 2008
There is not...

from backuplost seems the mysql are correctly back up, but there is not a mysql directory inside the backup directory :(

this is the log:

Determining mysql dbs......mysql version: 5.0......mysqldump version: 5.0...Saving mysql privs...Done
...Done
Storing mysql dbs...xspazio_wpsocities.........
(913364 bytes) user_agikcride(419983 bytes) user_pliotoexx(711948 bytes) user_amep(50440 bytes) user_annunciperincontri(835690 bytes) horde.turba_objects(1934 bytes) horde.horde_prefs(1926 bytes) horde.kronolith_events(1952 bytes) horde.kronolith_storage(1952 bytes) horde.mnemo_memos(1930 bytes) horde.nag_tasks(1922 bytes) ...Done
Copying cpuser file.......Done

cmedia

Nov 14, 2008
Per Account Only

This is selected in backup configuration page in whm control panel.

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Not sure what I can do to help here.

from backuplost seems the mysql are correctly back up, but there is not a mysql directory inside the backup directory
Inside the backup directory on your backup server, for instance look in the daily/ directory, you should see the account backups, a directory called files, and a directory called dirs. There is where you'd find the "...and Entire MySQL Directory"

In your account backup should be a mysql/ directory containing your MySQL backups for the account itself. Providing everything is working properly on your server, and your account has plenty of space that's where you'd find your databases.

If you have the space, and databases are not in that backup, then somethings wrong I would think. I can't assist you with that. You might like to put in a ticket to cPanel Support and have them come by and take a closer look at why not.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Are the accounts being zipped? If they are in tar.gz or gz files, you'll have to unzip the archive to see it. This happens if you select compression. Once you extract the file for the user, you'll see a mysql directory inside that extracted account folder. If you want to display what you are seeing inside the daily backup folder, we might be able to help further if that isn't what is happening.