The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatic login in squirrelmail mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ak574, Sep 11, 2008.

1. ak574

ak574 Registered

Automatic login in squirrelmail mail

Our company has a site, on him - the closed section for each employee. In this section is there is an opportunity of reading of mail http://domain:2095/3rdparty/squirrelmail/index.php

Employees want, that after an login in the control panel of our company the login in mail (squirrelmail) was automatic (the login and the password are known). By means of curl I can take authorization and get access to this page (only from curl). But in a browser of the user the first appears window HTTP-authorization and I cannot send data in any way (a login and the password) programmatically.

The variant http://user:passowrd@domain:2095/3rdparty/squirrelmail/index.php does not work. Whether there is a variant as it is possible programmatically make authorization and to show the user already following page of mail from a folder Entering, sent, etc.

2. Andrew Boring

Andrew Boring Member

If you are wanting to integrate a mail client with company intranet site (and authentication has already been done through your intranet), you might be better off installing a separate webmail client outside of cPanel and reading its developer documentation on integration - perhaps cookie-based logins, LDAP authentications (so you can share logins across applications), etc.

All the cPanel webmail clients are compiled, configured and installed to interact with cPanel, and not necessarily with outside applications.

I think you'll find it easier (and more beneficial) to install a separate webmail app and integrate it than trying to write a hack to work around cPanel.