Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Automatic subdomain for new customers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by esthos, Jan 1, 2018.

1. esthos

esthos Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all.

I am the administrator of a server running the latest cpanel/whm versions on CentOS 6.9.

I have a subdomain mycompany.com - I wish to allocate all new clients username.mycompany.com upon signup.

This is in addition to any domains they are bringing with them.

Is there a way I can do this?

I am resisting using mod_dir for security reasons.

mycompany.com is owned by another user on the system, so if this presents a problem I am happy to use mycompany2.com

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Is this for the purpose of providing them with a temporary URL to access their websites? If so, you could setup a custom bash script that uses the cPanel API 2 "Park" function, and then configure that script to run automatically during the account creation process using a post "Accounts::Create" hook to automatically set up the alias (parked domain) upon account creation. Here are some documents to help you get started should you want to set this up:

Guide to Standardized Hooks - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation
    Guide to Standardized Hooks - Whostmgr Functions - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation
    cPanel API 2 Functions - Park::park - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Another option is to simply offer instructions to end-users regarding the use of the hosts file on their computers to temporarily access their domain names before they resolve to the cPanel server:

How to Modify your hosts File - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...