Oualid

Nov 17, 2017
Algeria
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,
in WHM, the default parameter of update (cpanel and Operating System Package) is "automatique", To avoid any problem after updating, i want to assist to the update. If i chose Manual updates only and a new update is available, i get notification in CPANEL (notification of new update available) or no ?

THank you

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

The maintenance portion of the /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/upcp script always runs as part of the nightly cron job, regardless of the update settings. Thus, you should still receive an email notification with the upcp output to the root contact address. Additionally, in WHM, the upper-right of the header in the UI will alert you when a newer version is available on your configured build tier.

Thank you.

wgc_panelc

Apr 18, 2019
TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thus, you should still receive an email notification with the upcp output to the root contact address. Where specifically is this configuration? This notifications have stopped on LTS to v82 update. (Updated initiated by provider unannounced, working on cleanup)

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
This thread is quite old. There's a newer that should help explain things for you: